Whether you have substantial resources or live close to your means, a budget may be an effective foundation for a savings program. It can help you monitor your personal and household expenditures, potentially freeing up income that can be redirected toward savings. Consider the following:
- A budget can help you analyze your actual expenses. Seeing a breakdown on paper often reveals inefficient or wasteful spending.
- Once you know where your money is going, a budget may help you conserve financial resources or spend them more wisely.
- A budget can create awareness of spending habits, which may allow you to prevent financial difficulties in the future.
- A budget can help you see alternative courses of action for achieving your financial goals.
- A budget can motivate you to adhere to a savings plan.
- A budget can allow you to evaluate and monitor your progress toward short-term and long-term financial goals.
Whether you nurture dreams of a higher education, an early retirement, or a special family vacation, a budget may help to boost your savings.
Copyright © 2016 Liberty Publishing, Inc. Beverly, MA All Rights Reserved. - STPFBBUD-SQ